Author Topic: Who still visits?  (Read 2960 times)

Offline 30N 3NN1X

• Christ is Lord
    • View Profile
Who still visits?
« on: October 28, 2014, 01:02:57 AM »
For me personally, I stop by every couple of months, but sometimes it's as frequent as every couple of weeks.
I find it hard to believe that it's been over 7 years since I registered here.
I still feel like it was recently that I first discovered Jon's music.
out of curiosity I was wondering how many of us are still stopping in and keeping our ears and eyes open for whenever Jon happens to pop up.
30N 0U7!

Offline Stephen

• head honcho
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: Who still visits?
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2014, 12:14:23 PM »
I stop by once every couple of years, maybe? :) It's not that I don't like Jon's music any more, I just find my spare time completely consumed between all of the various social networks: Twitter, Reddit, and Facebook are the only ones I really have time to keep up with. I'm also blogging again in the long form, which I find very satisfying.

I'm friends with Jon S. on Facebook, so I generally know what's happening in his life according to his occasional updates, and Jon L. and I chat with each other over text message pretty often, so if anything big is going on in Travelogue-land, I'll usually find out one of those routes.

Offline zoe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 08:34:19 AM »
This board's still in my "Forums" bookmarks folder, and gets checked each time I open all the other bookmarks. ;)
It has been pretty slow here lately. :-\

Offline Dr. M

• Global Moderator
  • digital is 100% accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 11:21:49 AM »
I probably check like every other week, probably more often but definitely not like when I'd check every day (or multiple times a day... I'm a pretty obsessive person). I feel like between the JE board and exoduz.freeforums.org I have all my PQMQ-related discussion needs met, and I also follow Jon on Facebook for announcements. That being said, it's easy to miss stuff on Facebook so I'd rather this forum stay here just in case.

The question is, when new Travelogue arrives, will we discuss it here where it's most relevant or the JE board which receives slightly more traffic? Does anybody check here but not the JE board?
Stick to me and I will stick to you
Kiss me and you'll see that I am made of honey

Offline Jon Sonnenberg

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 01:52:34 PM »
I still visit from time to time.  I don't have any notices rigged to an email or so, so I check for direct questions and such.

Moving the studio out of the basement into 2 smaller rooms has been a challenge.  I have rearranged the layout 3 times now.  I think that I finally have a workable solution.  One of the main problems is placement.  Originally, I was going to have all of the analog synths that could be controlled via CV and Gate in the same room as my computer recording system.  I also was going to set up my vocal booth in the corner.  The other room would have organs, MIDI stuff, electric pianos, and string machines along with a few acoustic instruments. ....     The more I tried to work with this though, it just seemed that all synths that are not mic'd should be in the same room as the recording computer.   Anything that is mic'd (organ, chimes, optigan, electric piano, bass, acoustic, vocal booth, etc, etc.  should be in the 2nd room.  SO now I am playing Tetris, trying to make everything fit in the spaces between spaces.

Offline Dr. M

• Global Moderator
  • digital is 100% accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 03:49:20 PM »
Sounds challenging! Hey Jon I've had this Hammond chord organ, the old 50's instrument, sitting in my living room for awhile waiting to be used. I really love the way it sounds and am planning on recording with it during the next couple of months. But after that, we're going to get rid of it, it's just too big and heavy to be worth keeping indefinitely. I'm dreading the prospect of looking for someone to buy it, which may be next to impossible, and really all I want is to make sure it goes to someone who's going to use it and enjoy having it. I really really don't want to junk it since it was my grandfather's and it's kind of sentimental.  It works almost perfectly save for one burnt out tube, the power cord has already been replaced. I know this is an incredibly long shot considering you're already short on space, but it's yours if you want it, I could use it as an excuse to drive it down to you and we could have coffee.
Stick to me and I will stick to you
Kiss me and you'll see that I am made of honey

Offline Jon Sonnenberg

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 02:52:09 PM »
That sounds like a really incredible offer.  Thanks for thinking of me.   I may have to take you up on that.  I nearly bought one of the Hammond tube chord organs several years ago and regret not getting it.  Is the burnt tube for one of the oscillators?

Send me a jon@artoftravelogue.com email and we can talk more about meeting up.

Offline TigerRAWK

• View Profile
    • My Video Page
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2015, 08:03:52 PM »
I just checked in again…for the first time in way longer than I can even remember. So, hopefully I do better ha!

Offline Stephen

• head honcho
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2019, 06:15:11 PM »
I just visited today. Talking with Zoe (the admin) about sprucing up the place a little.