Author Topic: Travelogue update for end of 2014, what's to come in 2015  (Read 1470 times)

Offline 30N 3NN1X

• i Love Jesus
    • View Profile
    • my facebook page
Travelogue update for end of 2014, what's to come in 2015
« on: December 19, 2014, 10:32:00 AM »
hey everyone,

seeing as it's now the end of another year, i think an update on where Jon is musically would be nice to hear about.
as most of us know, "death of conversation" is a thought sitting in our brains, awaiting more input.
2015 is going to be a big year for releases of all sorts, so i'm wondering if Jon might be releasing any Travelogue material, or otherwise, as well.
also, is there any chance we might see an actual daphne oramics full length or e.p. at some point?
30N 0U7!

Offline Jon Sonnenberg

• View Profile
Re: Travelogue update for end of 2014, what's to come in 2015
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 01:05:18 PM »
Yes... 

I am working on everything that you mention...

Death of Conversation is coming along slowly.  Part of this is because I had this 2nd flood over the summer (the last one was 2 years ago) and had to move the ENTIRE studio into another part of the house.  All rooms except for the kitchen, bathrooms, and living room, have become something else and it has taken FOREVER.  I still have a closet to empty and go through which will become the new vocal booth. 

I am releasing the DROD video game soundtracks.  Originally, I was just going to do a Bandcamp release of them, but Plastiq has become interested in maybe putting out some sort of physical copy as well.  We are still talking through details.  In one way or another, this will be out shortly.

Daphne Oramics has to have some of the recorded vocals redone (which awaits my vocal booth to be complete) and then to be mixed.  Hopefully this will all happen soon after the holidays are over.

I have also been talking to Figment (who re-released the Christmas According to Jon) about releasing some unheard Pivot Clowj material.

Speaking of, I plan on putting a version of 'It's not as if it were the end of the world... that was Yesterday' on Bandcamp soon.  I will post the links on www.artoftravelogue.com as soon as it is up.

Offline Dr. M

• Global Moderator
  • digital is 100% accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2014, 01:34:16 PM »
Awesome! I am very much looking forward to Daphne Oramics.
Stick to me and I will stick to you
Kiss me and you'll see that I am made of honey

Offline Jon Sonnenberg

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2015, 01:39:46 PM »
so the DROD soundtracks are uploaded.  There won't be physical copies (for now), but just digital download.

Things to note:  there are 3 separate albums or soundtracks (because I did the music to 3 different games of the series).  all are the same price.  The second one that I did has twice as many songs, but they are about half as long (2 minutes on average).  All songs are instrumental and there are no vocals.  Some of the songs will be recognized because there were vocal versions released on Travelogue albums and EP's.  There are 2 songs that were previously released as the exact same mix.  one was on Braille and one on Telegraph (Today is a New Day, and Ambient No. 1).

These are going to be available through Bandcamp, iTunes, etc.

Offline 30N 3NN1X

• i Love Jesus
    • View Profile
    • my facebook page
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2015, 12:39:19 PM »
on a side note, i thought i'd add this.
i sometimes purchase games through gog.com (good old games.com), and wanted to let you know that it is possible to get 4 different drod games there.

drod 1,2,3 (as one package)
drod rpg: tendry's tale
drod 4: guntrho and the epic blunder
drod: the second sky

i don't know if that's been mentioned at this site before or not, but there you go.

Jon, would you be able to remind us which games you did the soundtracks for again, in case any of us choose to purchase any of these for the game as well?

(sorry if this possibly could/should have been posted under our game topic, but it's kind of on topic with what Jon was already talking about.)
30N 0U7!

Offline Dr. M

• Global Moderator
  • digital is 100% accurate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 05:38:55 PM »
I was very excited when I found out about this, I have not listened yet but intend to very soon.
Stick to me and I will stick to you
Kiss me and you'll see that I am made of honey