Author Topic: video games  (Read 45290 times)

Offline 2nihon

• head honcho
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Where?
« Reply #150 on: November 06, 2008, 10:25:42 PM »
you can find this game by doing a simple google search

I did, but I'm not sure if the sites I found were legit. Where'd you find it? I have purchased my share of Capcom games in the past. :)

Offline recordboy

• View Profile
Re: video games
« Reply #151 on: February 13, 2009, 10:07:20 PM »
I spent way too many hours from 1987-1993 playing console games. And dreamed of the ability to get Arcade quality at home.

RPGs have been my favorite over the years. The Final Fantasy series on the top of the list of course. But I really liked all the adventure (Super Mario and many of the Nintendo releases) and scrolling shooters.

Once everything turned to first person shooters and had 18 button combos I got a little bored and didn't have the time past high school.

I did start to pick up on the game systems again once the prices dropped heavily. I work professionally with computers so I have also spent some time there as well. I have a hard time spending $50 for a game though. I have been picking up some games from pawn shops as they have, on occasion, great prices. My problem is finding time to keep the momentum going once I start.

My friend and I swapped some games a few weeks back. He let me borrow a PS2 game called Katamari Damacy! It truly is Japanese weirdness. rent it, borrow it or get it off ebay for cheap. Don't pay a lot as it is a little short.

Basically put, you roll a ball around and slowly accumulate stuff. The bigger the ball gets the bigger the items you can pick up. Starting in centimeters and growing into 10's and 100's of meters. It doesn't sound like much but you need to see the whole thing. You can sort of get the idea from the website.

http://katamari.namco.com/

Don't say I didn't warn you....

Jorin

Offline 30N 3NN1X

• Christ is Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 14, 2009, 09:36:47 AM »
i actually remember when this game came out.
at first i was like "what a stupid concept for a game", but as i thought about it and read up on it, it didn't seem like such a dumb idea afterall and i actually could see the appeal it could hold for people out there.
it's definitely original, something rare these days in games.

i used to be a huge final fantasy fan as well.
as for story, the games were phenomenal, although i can't agree on the content side.
the best final fantasy storylines would probably be #'s 4, 6, and 7 in that order.
i've played through 1 and 2 and 4-7, but i stopped playing them at the beginning of 8.
i came to the realization that i couldn't justify putting the time i was investing into them and i didn't like using spells and summoning creatures to entertain myself anymore, it was to contradictory to my Faith.
i have actually used some cheats on them where you can pretty much have such high stats, weaponry, and hit point range that you don't have to resort to using magic or summons, but at the same time that renders quite a few characters as pretty much pointless to the playthrough.
it's basically fun for the aspect of getting to check out the storyline and skipping all of the tedious random encounters to level up for hours and hours.

30N 0U7!
30N 0U7!

Offline 2nihon

• head honcho
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2009, 07:02:39 PM »
Katamari Damacy looks like a lot of fun. I wonder if it's out for the Wii? Someone bought us a Wii for Christmas. :)

Offline 30N 3NN1X

• Christ is Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 02, 2009, 10:55:49 AM »
for some reason, they are re-releasing pikmin for the wii.
i don't know for sure what the difference is between this new version and the previous gamecube version, but if you haven't tried pikmin out yet, stephen or any other wii owners here, you should check it out.
the re-release is sometime in march i believe.

30N 0U7!

p.s. have any of you ever watched an episode of AWESOME VIDEO GAMES?
if not, check out ffstv.com.
you might find it incredibly silly and not worth your time, or it may just hit your nostalgic funny bone, like it does with me.
i'm a kid at heart so i like weird stuff like this, figured i'd share.
30N 0U7!

Offline 30N 3NN1X

• Christ is Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 14, 2009, 11:40:24 AM »
follow this link to play a game about a man named dan, battling his way through time under my pseudonym. the first main guy is even a grenade chucking jock, how do you like that for irony. boy did we 30N men have a bad year in 93. you may need to download some software to play it.
and no, i did not make this game, i didn't even know it existed until i ran across it here.

http://www.nintendo8.com/game/340/time_diver_eon_man/

if you're having trouble beating the game, i would suggest using turbo options for your controller.
and you can jump off the walls much like the games mega man x, ninja gaiden, and batman.

30N 0U7!
30N 0U7!

Offline 30N 3NN1X

• Christ is Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 08, 2009, 05:12:24 PM »
coming in may,

punch out for the nintendo wii.

and no this isn't a virtual console game, it's a new version of punch out although it does contain it's own share of familiar faces.

30N 0U7!
30N 0U7!

Offline 2nihon

• head honcho
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #157 on: May 17, 2009, 05:44:50 PM »
My oldest daughter scored three new Wii games for her birthday: Wii Music, Littlest Pet Shop, and Animal Crossing. Of the three, Animal Crossing is actually kind of fun, though it's cutesy through and through, of course.

We have Mario Kart Wii...any other racers on here?

Offline 30N 3NN1X

• Christ is Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 04, 2009, 10:22:01 AM »
i have been assisting with the storyline for a game mod for about a month now.
it's coming along quite nicely, and has gotten a lot of reads from the modders and game players at the board that would host it.
Hopefully enough people will jump on board to help make it a reality.
it's been one of the easiest and enjoyable times i've had writing a story in a very long time.
30N 0U7!

Offline 2nihon

• head honcho
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #159 on: September 04, 2009, 09:17:57 PM »
Looking forward to Cave Story Wii, though I wish the developers would confirm a release date.

Offline zoe

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 11, 2009, 09:29:43 AM »
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6216991.html

New two-dimensional Sonic the Hedgehog game in 2010...

I'm excited beyond words and feelings...

Offline D34DL1N3R

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 14, 2009, 03:23:37 AM »
I'm HIGHLY looking forward to the English fan-made translation of Fatal Frame IV for the Wii to be finished! The 1st three were awesome and make both Resident Evil and Silent Hill look like Sesame Street.

Offline 30N 3NN1X

• Christ is Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 18, 2009, 02:52:33 PM »
i have been assisting with the storyline for a game mod for about a month now.
it's coming along quite nicely, and has gotten a lot of reads from the modders and game players at the board that would host it.
Hopefully enough people will jump on board to help make it a reality.
it's been one of the easiest and enjoyable times i've had writing a story in a very long time.

just to follow up on this, i wanted to let you guys know that two modders have gotten involved so far.
we are currently looking for someone who knows how to edit game modules (or rooms if you will: layman's term).

i don't know where i should update this info from now on.
do you think it would fit best here or in literal?
also, let me know if any of you are interested in hearing more about it or not.

30N 0U7!
30N 0U7!

Offline 30N 3NN1X

• Christ is Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: May 03, 2010, 09:00:41 PM »
well, it's been quite a while, but here you go.

i am actually posting on this topic once again.

this time it is once again for the sake of all my fellow mega man(iacs).

http://megamanfilm.com/

this might suck and it might be decent, but it may just be the closest thing we ever see to the blue bomber in a film adaptation besides "astro boy" :S.
i still don't understand why they chose to make an astro boy movie over a mega man movie, but whatever!

30N 0U7!
30N 0U7!

Offline 30N 3NN1X

• Christ is Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: May 06, 2010, 11:13:55 AM »
by the way, they did go ahead and make yet another classic styled mega man game in 8 bit format again.
it was released in march.
mega man 10 is now available for download for your wii, xbox 360, or ps3.

i still haven't had an opportunity to play either game, but i have seen them played all the way through via youtube.
they look pretty challenging in comparison to past endeavors.
maybe one day i'll have the chance to try them out.
i just can't see dishing out the money for any next gen consoles, with so many other more important concerns going on in my life right now.

30N 0U7!
30N 0U7!