Author Topic: Death of Conversation  (Read 16 times)

Offline Jon Sonnenberg

• View Profile
Death of Conversation
« on: September 11, 2018, 07:07:15 AM »
I am still working through vocals.  This album has been a difficult album to make.  Mostly this is because I originally started writing it through a divorce and hence the title had to do with a separation.   Six months after the divorce, I met a wonderful woman, mother of 2, and also had been divorced, and a new relationship began.  The most difficult thing about this album is that spiritually, emotionally, and in life in general, I am in a better place in my life than I ever have been.  The death of conversation with my atheist ex-wife turned out to be more spiritually freeing than I had ever imagined.  The music and emotional energy that I was trying to write into these songs is still there, but not in the same form that it once was.  Musically and lyrically, it has been one of the biggest challenges of my life.

I have about half of the lyrics recorded and I am working through mixes.  I may start putting out teaser tracks soon and I will be making some 'behind the scenes commentary on tracks' like I did with songs from Fireworks and Noise is only temporary on Soundcloud.